A Liebster For Me, A Liebster For You

I’ve always loved writing, from poetry to short stories and novels, and now, blogging. I’m fairly new to the blogging world, and have recently decided to give twitter another try – I’m hooked this time. I’ve begun to build a group of peers with whom I share my blog posts and read their blogs in return, and they truly are a group of clever and hilarious people. After floundering for the first six months of this year, I’m finally starting to feel like I’m heading in the right direction. And then Andi-Roo at (https://twitter.com/theworld4realz) was sweet enough to include me as one of her nominees for the Liebster Award.

The Liebster Award is basically a fun way to pass along some info about yourself and help out other bloggers at the same time. The gist of it is that you answer the 11 questions you are provided and then pass along 11 new questions to your own list of 11 nominees who you think deserve some recognition.

And-Roo’s questions:
Here are my answers to the questions I was given.

You can have a half-hour conversation with anyone no longer living. Who do you choose? Why?
Jane Austen – I would thank her for giving me a false expectation of what men would be like when I started dating. Not once has anybody said that they ardently admire and love me. Not once Jane!

You can have a half-hour conversation with any fictional character. Who do you
choose? Why?
Mr. Fitzwilliam Darcy – but we wouldn’t be doin' no talkin’!

 Of these four characters, which do you most resemble in your own life?
— The Protagonist (Shit just happens when you’re around.): Dorothy / Harry Potter
— The Brains (You think of ways to avoid / escape the shit.): Scarecrow / Hermione Granger
— The Heart (Everyone loves you when the shit hits the fan.): Tin Woodman / Ron Weasley
— The Hero (“Who’s a coward now that shit just got REAL, bitches?”): Cowardly Lion / Neville Longbottom
That question is full of shit. I guess I would be a combination of the four, I’m pretty well rounded….and shit.

What made you choose your current Twitter avi?
It just makes me smile knowingly whenever I look at it. She looks a little drunk and for some reason, and I know the feeling, she seems like she really, really, really needed that martini.

What’s your blood type? Just kidding. Trick question. Now go pee in a cup. I’M JOKING. Gosh, why so freaking serious? For realz this time: Are you down with True Blood?
Does Lafayette wear lip gloss? Hell Yes!

How many pairs of shoes do you have? Don’t lie. It’s good to feel the shame. Let it burn.
I would guess that I have around twenty. But I don’t like any of them. To the mall!

Pushpins? Or dry erase markers?
Both. Plus spreadsheets, phone reminders, lists on the fridge, lists to keep track of my lists, and more lists on my phone. I love my Samsung Galaxy.

You’re throwing darts at your favorite local pub. Your choice: Are you tossing at a cork board or one of those plastic mechanical pieces of crap?
I grew up with a dartboard at the end of the hall on the main floor, my parents are avid players. If only I could do math, I’d be a real threat at the local pub.

How often do you utilize your local library? What materials do you check out? Books, CDs, books on CD, DVDs… some even carry video games…
I used to get books on tape from the library until I discovered Audible.
I bring my son there when he has a project to work on just for a change of scenery and some quiet.
Even with all the monitors and workstations, I still get a sense of nostalgia when I go to the library. It’s a safe place.

Be honest: Did you, or did you not, read and adore “Are You There God? It’s Me,
Margaret” by Judy Blume? Best book EV.ER, #AmIRight ? Is there a male equivalent, anyone? #AskingForAFriend
Nope. I was too busy reading War and Peace as a child.

Chinese or Mexican? I know, it’s a toss-up. CHOOSE. My dinner might just depend upon your answer.
Chinese is too questionable and Mexican is too spicy. The most exotic I get is Japanese, but only the cooked stuff.


A Liebster For You!

Here are my 11 nominees in no particular order. I don’t know a lot of bloggers, so this was a great way to explore and find even more new Bliends (blogger friends – I just made that word up, maybe it will stick).



Susan at A Journey...
Andrea Jolene at It's Me, Andrea
Peggy Rice at Rue Rice
Simply Sienna-Style defined at Simply Sienna - Style defined
the paper bug at the paper bug
Simply Kelly Blog at www.simplykellyblog.com/
On Another Adventure at www.expatcdn.blogspot.ca   
Eccentrics United www.eccentricsunited.blogspot.ca/
Austen Blog www.austenblog.com/
God, I Love Paris www.godiloveparis.blogspot.ca/
Stouffville Problems (@StouffvilleProb on Twitter) Not sure if she they have a blog, but deserve a shout-out for being a fellow small towner!

 

And Now, the New Questions:
1.    Have you ever been told by a stranger to be quiet at the movie theatre?
2.    What is your favourite movie of all time in the history of movies?
3.    What is your favourite book of all time in the history of books?
4.    Sparkly or Scary vampires?
5.    Quick! Name all the Provinces in Canada – Just Kidding!
6.    Darcy or Bingham?
7.    New Year’s Eve or Valentine’s Day?
8.    Do you even try to remember something for more than a minute before turning to Google?
9.     Do you Tweet? Pin? FB? Google+?
10. Lake or Ocean?
11.  Would you be a villain or a hero if you had superpowers?

Congratulations to all!

Good luck out there,
JB
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment